“AN ORDINANCE OF THE TOWN OF REDINGTON BEACH, FLORIDA, AMENDING CHAPTER 21, TRAFFIC, VEHICLES AND PARKING, ARTICLE II.- STOPPING, STANDING AND PARKING, DIVISION 1.- GENERALLY, SECTION 33.- RESIDENTS-ONLY PARKING AREAS, OF THE TOWN CODE; CREATING A NEW PARKING AREA, CORRECTING SCRIVERNER’S ERRORS; PROVIDING FOR PENALTIES; AND PROVIDING FOR CODIFICATION, SEVERABILITY, AND AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
The Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office has been proactive in helping to prevent Vehicle Burglaries.
They have stepped up all beach patrols due to the holiday season and criminals looking for a quick score. In addition to using some covert assets, they’ve also increased deputies checking for unlocked vehicles under our vehicle burglary prevention program. Their efforts on December 9th yielded the following:
23 vehicles were found unlocked.
Keys to a brand new Lexus w/key in center console were found and returned.
Listed below are some suggestions for the citizens of our community to use in an effort to reduce these offenses.
- Never leave the keys in your vehicle.
- Always lock the doors, even when you are away from the vehicle for a short time.
- Remove items (purses, tapes, CD’s, books, cash, etc.) from the vehicle when possible. If you can’t take them out, put them in a place that is out of view (in the trunk or tool box)
- Remove “pull-out” style stereos and/or removable faceplates of stereos. (if equipped)
- Park in lighted areas.
- Park in garages or on driveways or near your house or apartment so that the vehicle can be viewed periodically.
Other vehicle security considerations:
- Steering wheel lock bar or steering column locking cover.
- “Engine kill” switch.
- Car alarm.
Let’s talk about the difference between golf carts and low-speed vehicles. (more…)
If you were issued a resident parking pass for Beach Park parking, please check the expiration date. If they are due to expire on March 31, 2017, you need to renew them. Just bring your passes and your ID to Town Hall between 8am and 4pm Monday-Friday and we can update them for you at no charge.