The Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office reported that at least 10 vehicles were burglarized and 2 vehicles were stolen from Redington Beach this past week. The Sheriff’s office would like to remind our residents of a few methods to reduce or eliminate this from happening:
- Never leave the keys in your vehicle.
- Always lock the doors, even when you are away from the vehicle for a short time.
- Remove items (purses, tapes, CD’s, books, cash, etc.) from the vehicle when possible. If you can’t take them out, put them in a place that is out of view (in the trunk or tool box)
- Remove “pull-out” style stereos and/or removable faceplates of stereos. (if equipped)
- Park in lighted areas.
- Park in garages or on driveways or near your house or apartment so that the vehicle can be viewed periodically.
Other vehicle security considerations:
- Steering wheel lock bar or steering column locking cover.
- “Engine kill” switch.
- Car alarm.
Let’s talk about the difference between golf carts and low-speed vehicles. Continue reading…
Starting at 6am Friday, September 8th, 2017, Pinellas County Emergency Management has issued mandatory evacuations for all residents in Zone A. Evacuations will begin at 6am Friday and continue through 8am Sunday, September 10th. Please monitor this website for any updates.
At this time, Texas has no ability to deal with physical donations (clothes, food, etc.), no matter how
well-intentioned. The best way to assist is through cash donations to a recognized charity. Let’s do what
we can to help our fellow Americans. The following are links for a small sample of organizations to which to donate:
Here are the links to the information which was presented at the
Annual Flood Insurance Information Meeting
Thursday, June 22nd, 2017
All building permits are issued and inspections scheduled through our Building Department – Florida Municipal Services, located at 18001 Gulf Blvd, Redington Shores. Visit their website at http://fmsbuildingdepartment.com/ or call 727-202-6825.
Twice a year, the Town designates a weekend when residents may hold a yard sale on their property without requiring the customary permit. The sales may be held from 8am – 6pm on both days. The Town will obtain a large-capacity dumpster for residents to deposit unsold, unwanted items after the sale period has ended.